- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
French Superseries: Saina, Sindhu out
Saina Nehwal and P.V. Sindhu bowed out of the French Super Series badminton, losing to Korea’s Yeon Ju Bae and Scotland’s Kirsty Gilmour, in the second round here on Thursday. In a match that one hour and 11 minutes, Bae beat the fourth-seeded Indian 20-22, 21-15, 22-20. Sindhu, too, lost her way after taking the first game against Gilmour.
In men’s singles, Boonsak Ponsana defeated K. Srikanth 15-21, 21-18, 21-15 while Lee Chong Wei got the better of Ajay Jayaram 21-18, 21-18.
The results: Second round: Men: Boonsak Ponsana (Tha) bt K. Srikanth 15-21, 21-18, 21-15; Lee Chong Wei (Mas) bt Ajay Jayaram 21-18, 21-18.
Women: Second round: Yeon Ju Bae (Kor) bt Saina Nehwal 20-22, 21-15, 22-20; Kirsty Gilmour (Sco) bt P.V. Sindhu 10-21, 21-19, 21-16. First round: Saina bt Nichaon Jindapon (Tha) 12-21, 21-16, 21-13.