- MyVoice: Views of our readers 1st October 2023
- Warangal: ‘Sports complex to come up’
- Karimnagar: Gangula distributes tricycles to disabled
- Warangal: K Chandrasekhar Rao paved way for prosperity of fishermen says Aroori Ramesh
- Why should you choose us for fertility treatments?
- Union minister launches rail coach restaurant in Vizag
- Jagtial: MLA Sanjay lays foundation for development works
- Warangal: Kaloji cancels admissions of seven AP students
- Gadwal: Shunt out ‘most corrupt’ commissioner, civic leaders demand
- VPA inks pact with AP Greening and Beautification Corp
India beat Oman 3-0 in Asian hockey
India Beat Oman 3-0 In Asian Hockey. India registered their first win of the third Asian Champions Trophy, defeating Oman 3-0 in their third hockey league match here Tuesday.
Kakamigahara (Japan): India registered their first win of the third Asian Champions Trophy, defeating Oman 3-0 in their third hockey league match here Tuesday.
India opened the scoring against the run of play in the 19th minute when a lapse from Oman defence allowed Akashdeep Singh into the circle and he made no mistake in scoring a goal.
India scored their second goal in the 30th minute after a fine run on the left by Prabhdeep Singh whose cross came off the stick of Faiz Helmi and fell nicely for Talwinder Singh to score. At half time India were leading 2-0.
In the 62nd minute, Amit Rohidas converted a penalty corner for India to seal the tie.
India will now face arch rivals Pakistan in their next league match Thursday.