- Rangareddy: ZPTC Shravan Reddy participates in Bodrai and Maisamma Bonalu festival
- Home Minister Mahmood Ali opens Anti-Narcotics & Cyber Security Bureau
- Special trains between Kacheguda, Kakinada Town
- Hyderabad: City auto owners face hiccups in shift to EVs
- World’s largest grain storage plan gets Cabinet nod
- CM KCR announces slew of sops for Brahmins
- Asaduddin Owaisi refuses to back Kejriwal on Centre's ordinance
- Case against WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh under consideration
- Rahul calls Modi 'specimen'
- Govt issues anti-tobacco rules for OTT platforms
Anup wins gold at World skating
Anup Kumar Yama Wins Gold At World Skating. The country’s top-notch roller skater, Hyderabad’s Anup Kumar Yama has done it again.
Hyderabad: The country’s top-notch roller skater, Hyderabad’s Anup Kumar Yama has done it again. Demonstrating that he belongs to the top league, he set another record for the country in Taipei late Saturday night. He won the gold medal in Inline Artistic Skating at the World Championship-2013, in the process becoming the first Indian to achieve the feat at the roller skating Worlds.
Yama warded off stiff challenge from fellow contenders Argentine Carlos Urquia and Lee Chun from Chinese Taipei, who finished with the silver and bronze medals respectively. Yama’s triumph is particularly praiseworthy because both are former world champions in the category.
He has improved from his earlier performance when he pocketed a bronze in the Inline Artistic Skating World Championship held in New Zealand last year. Anup Kumar Yama is the only Indian to have participated in seven Word and has the distinction of being Asia’s number two and World No 3.
In his congratulatory message, Ram Pershad Srivastava, General Secretary of RSAAP, has said that Anup was a rare talent, whose exploits have fetched him Guinness records. He said that they were planning a rousing reception on his arrival in Hyderabad.