Marlon Samuels knocks Aussies in tri series
Marlon Samuels smashed a sparkling 92-run knock to guide West Indies to a four-wicket win over Australia in the fifth ODI of the tri-nation series at Warner Park in St. Kitts.
Basseterre: Marlon Samuels smashed a sparkling 92-run knock to guide West Indies to a four-wicket win over Australia in the fifth ODI of the tri-nation series at Warner Park in St. Kitts.
Chasing a daunting target of 266 runs, openers Johnson Charles (48) and Andre Fletcher (27) provided an initial thrust to their side by sharing a 74-run partnership before Samuels struck a 87-ball knock to help West Indies reach the score with 26 balls to spare.
Earlier, opener Usman Khawaja thumped a brilliant 98-run knock and shared a huge 170-run partnership with skipper Steve Smith (74) to propel Australia to a score of 265-7 in their stipulated 50 overs.
George Bailey (55) was other notable contributor for the Smith-led side.
As far as bowling is concerned, Kieron Pollard was the most successful bowler for the hosts as he bagged two wickets for 32 runs while Jason Holder and Carlos Brathwaite also shared four wickets between themselves.
Samuels was declared `man of the match` for his match-winning contribution with the bat.
West Indies will play their next match against South Africa at the same venue on Wednesday.
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked
- PWD official becomes overnight social media sensation
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav