- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
- Inspiring movie on a soldier’s bravery; ‘Fouja’ leaves a mark on Karthik Dammu
- Gajendra Moksham Katha pravachanam discourse held in Sri City
Youth Olympic Games: Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga won India's maiden gold medal
Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga carved history by winning Indias maiden gold medal at the Youth Olympics, claiming the top honours in the mens 62kg category
Weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga carved history by winning India's maiden gold medal at the Youth Olympics, claiming the top honours in the men's 62kg category.
In the Argentine capital the 15-year-old from Aizwal, who is also a world youth silver-medallist, lifted a total of 274kg (124kg + 150kg) to reach on top.
The Mizo sensation, who will be turning 16 on October 26, is being flaunted as the next big thing in Indian weightlifting.
At the beginning of this year, Lalrinnunga won a silver (youth) and a bronze (junior) in the Asian Championships, breaking two national records in the process.
This first gold also means that India is set to record its best ever performance at the Youth Olympics.