A fresh and crisp salad that is ready in no time and is easy on the stomach is what we crave. Raw fruit and vegetable preparations are very light yet...
A fresh and crisp salad that is ready in no time and is easy on the stomach is what we crave. Raw fruit and vegetable preparations are very light yet filling. Make use of the freshest green mangoes to make an Asian inspired salad with a twist. Try the Insalata Caprese that uses fresh Mozzarella and is the right balance of proteins and carbohydrates. Add colour to your plate with the beet and tomato summer salad. All you have to do is stock your vegetable tray with a few myriad colours and get inspired everyday! Insalata Caprese with Pesto This is a classic Italian Capri style salad with a twist of pesto For the Pesto Fresh Basil Leaves 1 cup Walnuts A� cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil A� cup For the Salad Fresh Roma Tomatoes 3 Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese 1 cup Basil Leaves a handful Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto A� cup
- Blend all the ingredients for the pesto in a mixer till you get a smooth paste. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Slice the tomatoes into A� inch thick slices. Slice the mozzarella too into the same thickness.
- To assemble, place the tomatoes in a layer, place the slices of mozzarella cheese over the tomatoes. Place one basil leaf over each slice of tomato and cheese.
- Whisk the pesto with a spoon, gently spoon it over the salad and serve.
- Can serve with baguette slices for a light meal.
- In a dry pan, roast the sesame seeds and peanuts separately till golden. Remove and cool. Remove the skin of the peanuts. Pound this in a mortar and pestle along with the Jaggery to form a coarse powder. Set aside
- Grate the raw mango and slice the bell peppers very thinly. Chill these till you are ready to serve.
- To serve, Mix together the raw mango, bell peppers, salt and pepper. Pile onto serving plate, top with fresh coriander and sprinkle generously with the Jaggery peanut powder. Serve chilled.
- This salad should be assembled just before serving else, it will get soggy.
- Whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients till the sugar has melted and set aside.
- Chop the beetroot into chunks. Get all the rest of the ingredients ready and mix lightly in a large bowl with your fingers.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss well.