Grippity unveils 'transparent dual-side operable tablet'
Grippity Unveils 'Transparent Dual-Side Operable Tablet'. Grippity Unveils First-Ever 'Transparent Dual-Side Operable Tablet'
Washington: Grippity has reportedly unveiled what is touted to be the first-ever transparent dual-side operable tablet.The tablet features a semi-transparent 7-inch 800 x 480 display. It is expected to hit the shelves by next fall.
According to Discovery News, the tablet's both front and rear panels support capacitive multi-touch input and run on a Cortex A8 processor and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with 4GB storage that can be extended to 32 GB.
The Grippity tablet supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and comes with IR blaster that allows it to function as a remote control.
Grippity creator Jacob Eichbaum claimed that the tablet's partially translucent display makes it easier for users to type via a touch-screen keyboard and since both panels support touch, all 10 fingers can be used to type rather than just two.
Recently, Samsung also patented a technology for a transparent touchscreen which would allow users to control the device from both the sides.
The report said that the price of the Grippity tablet is not clear yet but users can pay 235 dollars to reserve a slate for delivery by Oct. 24 and early birds can pre-order the tablet for 159 dollars.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting