Google's notifier service killed
Google's Notifier Service Killed.
WASHINGTON: Google has reportedly discontinued its notifier service that had been around for less than a decade.
The move comes in the wake of growing popularity and demand of smartphones, web browsers and operating systems that instantly alert users to a newly received mail and more.
Google had been duplicating the core features of the tool inside other software like Google Talk, Verge reported.
In order to install the app, users will now have to download Google Chrome, which has a built-in desktop notifier and can connect to the company's productivity app.
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources
- Government clears 4 judges name for position to Supreme Court
- Congress flays Election Commission for rejecting VVPAT slip count plea
- VVPAT count to be held at the end like in the past: EC source