'Process sea water with solar energy'
'Process sea water with solar energy',Speakers at a seminar organised by Gyanodaya Sansthan on World Water Day
Speakers at a seminar organised by Gyanodaya Sansthan on World Water Day here Saturday called for exploring new sources of water, including promotion of technology to desalinate sea water with solar energy.
Senior advocate K.C. Jain said: "Besides saving water resources, supplies have to be augmented and new water sources added."
Activist Kuldip Narain Lal blamed poor management of water resources and corruption in government's canal and irrigation departments for lack of a scientific water management policy.
Bankey Lal Maheshwari who runs the Sri Nathji Nishulk Jal Sewa said: "India has abundant sea water resources from Bengal to Gujarat. The technology to convert sea water into potable one has to be developed so coastal towns and those close by get uninterrupted water supply. When Dubai and Singapore can do it, why can't we?"
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard