Facebook snubs cause mental agony
Facebook Snubs Can Cause Mental Agony For User. Researchers have shown that being ignored on Facebook could perhaps be the worst thing that can happen to you.
Washington: Researchers have shown that being ignored on Facebook could perhaps be the worst thing that can happen to you.
According to Science Daily, the University of Queensland’s School of Psychology researchers conducted two studies to gauge human suffering on social networks.
In one study, the researchers made half the group post on Facebook and the other half lurking, observing, and wanting to post. Just two days later, the latter group was found struggling to like themselves at all, CNet reported.
In the second study, they offered people full Facebook freedom however, 50 per cent were unaware that their computers had been set up to not receive any responses, approbations, likes or even acknowledgements of their existence.
This latter half was found to be feeling “invisible,” as well as excluded and less important than those enjoying virtual pats on their backs.
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA
- BJP will repeat 2014 UP victory in WB; Mahagathbandhan vision-less: Ram Madhav
- DMK is not bothered about exit poll results: M K Stalin
- Godse extremist remark: Kamal Haasan secures anticipatory bail
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan HC issues fresh notices to Saif, Tabu, others