Apple to roll back iPhone 5C
A year after Apple introduced the cheaper version of iPhone 5S with a colorful plastic body, it is now preparing to roll it back, a report said.
Washington: A year after Apple introduced the cheaper version of iPhone 5S with a colorful plastic body, it is now preparing to roll it back, a report said.
Priced at 99 dollars on contract and 549 dollars off contract in the United States, the device was touted as Apple's "budget phone," meant to target emerging markets like India and China. However, it was not received well by consumers, who were much excited about the pricier iPhone 5S, reported The Huffington Post.
The 5S outsold 5C in some places by margins as high as 5 to 1 in the days after the launch.
If the rumours are to be believed then Apple may discontinue the product in the middle of next year.
However, the information has not been verified by Apple yet.
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow
- Odisha governor invites Patnaik to form government after he stakes claim
- 2 held in Dabholkar murder case sent to CBI custody till Jun 1