- Fazilka: Punjab not releasing relief for crop loss in floods says Sukhbir Badal
- CPI demands CM Jagan to reveal details of meeting Adani
- Lucknow: Apartment owner, contractor booked
- Vijayawada: Crafts Council of AP handloom bazaar inaugurated
- Chandigarh: Police custody for gangster Bishnoi
- Industries Secy seeks feedback on govt policies in Sri City
- Lucknow: Question mark on fate of Rajbhar, Chauhan in Uttar Pradesh Government
- Dasara arrangements at brisk pace atop Indrakeeladri
- New Delhi: Indian Air Force to buy 156 choppers for Pakistan, China borders
- Unlocking Tranquility: Vastu Tips for Compact Living Spaces
539.77 cr for widening of highways in Khammam dist
The Roads and Buildings Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao said on Thursday that existing highways in the district would be widened into four-lane roads at a cost of Rs 539.77 crore. Tummala Nageswara Rao has inspected the construction site of the second bridge across River Godavari near Bhadrachalam at an estimated cost of Rs 98.45 crore.
Bhadrachalam: The Roads and Buildings Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao said on Thursday that existing highways in the district would be widened into four-lane roads at a cost of Rs 539.77 crore. Tummala Nageswara Rao has inspected the construction site of the second bridge across River Godavari near Bhadrachalam at an estimated cost of Rs 98.45 crore.
- R&B Minister prays at Bhadrachalam
- Inspects site of second bridge to come up across River Godavari
- Says Pushkaralu will be held grandly
Tummala Nageswara Rao has arrived at Bhadrachalam in helicopter for the first time after becoming Minister. He was given a rousing welcome by supporters and party workers at helipad near Tobacco Board. The Zilla Parishad chairperson G Kavitha, MLAs Sunnam Rajaiah and Thati Venkateswarlu, District Collector Dr K Ilambarithi, SP Shahnawaz Qasim were among those who have welcomed the Minister.
Later, Minister has visited the Sri Seetharamachandra Swamy temple where he was accorded traditional welcome by priests and temple Executive Officer. He offered special prayers to the presiding deity. Addressing the gathering at a meeting organised near the construction site of second bridge, the Minister said that roads would be widened into four-lane from state borders to district headquarters.
He said that the Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao would inaugurate a bridge near Vajedu and lay foundation stone for construction works of second bridge across River Godavari. He has informed officials concerned to follow quality standards in bridge construction works. Tummala Nageswara Rao said that he was a Minister when Godavari Pushkaralu were organised in 2003. “I got an opportunity, once again, to participate as Minister in Godavari Pushkaralu to be organised in 2015,” he added.
He assured of making Godavari Pushkaralu a grand success with the support of officials and people. He stated that the District Collector had forwarded proposals to the government for making necessary arrangements for Godavari Pushkaralu as more devotees compared to previous Pushkaralu are expected. MLC Balasani Lakshminarayana, DCCB chairman Muvva Vijay Babu, officials and party leaders were present.
Khammam: Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao participated in a massive rally organised from Sardar Patel stadium to Pavilion Grounds here on Thursday. Speaking on the occasion, he has assured to make Khammam district to stand first in development among other districts in the state. He said that officials should strive to ensure benefits of social welfare schemes reached the poor and downtrodden sections.