- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Telangana, Andhra Pradesh fight over HCU
The contest for the possession of assets is increasing by the day between newly formed Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Their latest item for the contest seems to be the University of Hyderabad.
Hyderabad: The contest for the possession of assets is increasing by the day between newly formed Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Their latest item for the contest seems to be the University of Hyderabad.
HCU is indeed a central office, but the twist is that it was established according to the united Andhra Pradesh jurisdiction in 1974 as part of the Six Point Formula of 1973. This followed the Telangana and Jai Andhra agitation between 1969 and 1973 to provide education for youth in both regions.
On the other hand, the university administration I singing entirely different song. With the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, the university administration has recommended that the Andhra Pradesh jurisdiction be abolished and that HCU be given all-India jurisdiction, as with other Central universities.
But for now, The Telangana government is tugging for the jurisdiction over HCU, which the Andhra Pradesh government is opposing.