- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
- Number of students in Delhi govt schools decreases by over 30,000: RTI reply
- US condemns China for imposing life sentence on Uyghur academic
Telangana reels under intense heat
Telangana reels under intense heat A severe summer is ahead with the rising temperatures across Telangana state and Andhra Pradesh.
A severe summer is ahead with the rising temperatures across Telangana state and Andhra Pradesh. Many places in both the states in Mid-February have already above average temperatures revealed in the data. Earlier, meteorologists had predicted that due to climate change, the recent winter would be warmer but the forecast was proven false as the two states witnessed severe winter conditions with few places touching zero and sub zero in Andhra Pradesh.
Telangana, had witnessed below average temperatures, now has started warming up with day time temperatures getting recorded at 33ºC-37ºC with an average of 35ºC, indicating that the summer is going to severe.
According to the data provided by the IMD, the highest temperatures have been recorded by Mahbubnagar, Hyderabad, Bhadrachalam, Nalgonda, Ramagundam and Nizamabad. Meanwhile, Coastal AP has been experiencing around 29ºC-35ºC temperatures while Nandigama on Sunday recorded a peak temperature of 35.8ºC, Nellore and Vijayawada also came close to temperatures above 34ºC.
Vijayawada too witnessed 34.4ºC on Sunday as a sharp increase took over on Saturday when the maximum temperature was 31ºC. Abnormally high temperatures have been witnessed in the city in February for the last couple of years.