- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
250 minor irrigation tanks to be restored
The State government will restore 250 minor irrigation tanks in Medak District. These tanks restoration would be taken up utilising the Centre’s assistance.
Sangareddy (Medak): The State government will restore 250 minor irrigation tanks in Medak District. These tanks restoration would be taken up utilising the Centre’s assistance. The proposals for the repair works would be prepared soon, according to District Collector Rahul Bojja. To discuss the issue, a meeting of the district-level committee took place in the District Collectorate on Monday. Addressing the gathering, the Collector said that according to the 12th plan’s Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) 3rd Scheme, the repair of tanks and restoration would be done as per the directions of the Ministry for Water Resources. He said that proposals for 64 tanks have been completed and approved by the Ministry. He asked the officials to prepare the proposals for the remaining tanks soon so that they can be forwarded to the Ministry. S Surendra, SE for Irrigation Department, B Hukya, Joint Director, Agriculture Department and other officials attended the meeting.