- Finland showcases climate solutions at COP28
- State must side with the weaker population: CJI DY Chandrachud
- PIL filed against 75% reservation at BJP's behest: Tejashwi Yadav
- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
- Govt ready for structured debates in Winter Session: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Joshi
Probe land grants by Congress in Hyderabad and RR dist: MIM
Probe Land Grants By Congress In Hyderabad And RR Dist: MIM Stating that there were irregularities in land allotments in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts, made by previous YSR and Kiran Kumar Reddy governments in undivided AP, MIM wants a detailed probe into the issue as valuable lands were alienated to people of the previous governments’ choice at casual prices.
Stating that there were irregularities in land allotments in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts, made by previous YSR and Kiran Kumar Reddy governments in undivided AP, MIM wants a detailed probe into the issue as valuable lands were alienated to people of the previous governments’ choice at casual prices.
Asking the Telangana Government to take CAG report into cognizance, MIM Floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi asked the government to order a probe into the land deals as many were either selling or mortgaging them to banks. He said that 12 per cent reservations should be implemented for Muslims soon as promised as they lagged behind SCs and STs in Telangana.
Mr. Owaisi said that the 2011-12 CAG report identified severe irregularities in the allotment of lands to various institutions - 88,492 acres allotted to only 127 beneficiaries. Stating that no public interest was involved and no transparency in the process, he said that the Governments’ failed to create jobs and demanded the government to take steps on the irregularities in alienation of valuable lands in Hyderabad and RR districts in undivided state.
Praising late Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy for giving utmost priority to the welfare of minorities that was never witnessed before, Mr Owaisi urged Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao to emulate YSR in this regard.
Also, other major benefits such as scholarships for students, fee reimbursement scheme, and loan to minorities were extended by YSR said Mr Owaisi and added that due to the sincerity and commitment towards welfare of minorities, the chair of Leader of the House in Assembly (CM's chair) always reminds him of YSR.