- Master plan roads named after kings, saints and Alwars in Tirupati
- Tirupati: Telugu Naidu’s Students Federation protest N Chandrababu Naidu arrest
- Hyderabad: Bartan Bank to provide utensils for events
- CM KCR appoints SC, ST panel chief, members
- Vakulabharanam receives TANA’s Mahatma Jyothibha Phule award
- KCR to appoint in-charges for all Assembly segments soon
- Tirupati: Sri Ramachandra Hosp to provide healthcare services in Sri City
- NEET PG cut-off reduced to zero
- Rajamahendravaram: Awareness run on AIDS organised
- Vijayawada: Insurance coverage increased for APSRTC employees
Women lawmakers meet perks up Telugu MPs
The conference of women legislators and Parliamentarians here on Saturday came as a morale booster for the MLAs and MPs of the two Telugu States who demanded a greater role to women in legislative affairs.
New Delhi: The conference of women legislators and Parliamentarians here on Saturday came as a morale booster for the MLAs and MPs of the two Telugu States who demanded a greater role to women in legislative affairs.
TRS MP K Kavita said a festive atmosphere had prevailed at the venue (Vignan Bhavan) and there was a positive vibe when a discussion had begun on greater role of women in every field. She sought representation to women in the Parliamentary committees and regretted the absence of the same now.
YSRCP MP Kothapalli Geeta said the speeches of the speakers were eye-openers and the concept of empowerment of women in every field was a welcome move. Claiming it as a measure long overdue, she hoped the Women’s Reservation Bill would secure the Lok Sabha’s approval too at the earliest.
Thota Sitaramalakshmi, Rajya Sabha member (TDP), said women must shine in every field and every profession. Reservations in local bodies would empower women further and the same should be implemented in higher institutions too, she opined.
Butta Renuka, MP (YSRCP), sought more such conferences and seminars to provide women a respectable space in defense, finance and other such fields that had become exclusive male dominated areas so far.