- Union Jal Shakti postpones meeting with AP, Telangana officials amid Cyclone Michaung
- Two ministerial posts likely for Nalgonda
- Best phones under Rs 15,000 in December 2023: Samsung Galaxy M14 5G and more
- Deepfakes: Centre to issue advisories to social media firms for 100% compliance
- Wanaparthy: A spiritual undertaking
- CM candidate for Telangana comes to a climax
- BRS, Cong district presidents lose polls
- Will have to resign as MP to take charge as MLA comment by Uttam raises doubts
- My responsibility is only till taking opinions of MLAs to high command: DK Shivakumar
- Former CM KCR to vacate his official residence in Delhi
Pensioners hold road blockade
Pensioners staged a road blockade on the Banswada-Birkur highway in Birkur mandal in the district on Tuesday protesting against the non-payment of Aasara pensions.
(Nizamabad): Pensioners staged a road blockade on the Banswada-Birkur highway in Birkur mandal in the district on Tuesday protesting against the non-payment of Aasara pensions.
Speaking to the media, they said that the aged, the widows, and the handicapped persons were not paid pensions for the last two months and they were facing immense hardships. They held the rasta-roko for an hour and the vehicular traffic was disrupted. Police intervened and persuaded the pensioners to disperse.