Inter admissions go for a toss

Inter admissions go for a toss
x
Highlights

Admissions into Intermediate first year are in an utter chaos as the government did not issue schedule for them and is yet to decide on whether to hold admissions online or not.

Process of admissions has not commenced at government junior colleges. But the corporate colleges have completed the process of admissions even before the issue of notification

Hyderabad: Admissions into Intermediate first year are in an utter chaos as the government did not issue schedule for them and is yet to decide on whether to hold admissions online or not.

The meeting held by the Deputy Chief Minister for Education Kadiyam Srihari on Wednesday ended without arriving at any decision in this regard. The academic year of the Intermediate colleges would begin from June 1 and classes for the second year students would commence from that date.

Usually, the government issues notification for admissions into junior colleges during second week of May for admissions into 1766 non-corporate private colleges, 205 corporate colleges and 405 Government institutions.

Last year, the notification for admissions was issued on May 18, the process ended by June first week and classes for the first year students started from third week of June. But this year the notification has not yet been issued.

However, this year, the students who passed SSC exams, have to wait for few more weeks for taking admissions into Intermediate colleges. Government’s indecisiveness has put about 5 lakh students and their parents in confusion.

Speaking to The Hans India, honorary president of Telangana Private Junior Colleges Managements Association G Satish said that the government has put the parents, students and managements in confusion.

It has been contemplating to hold admissions through online and failed to come to a decision so far. He said that the students would lose valuable time of their academic year.

Satish said that the non-corporate private colleges have been strongly demanding for introduction of online admissions. He alleged that the Government has been neglecting the education field.

On the other hand, the corporate colleges have completed the admission process albeit without any notification from the Government and also commenced classes for the first year students. The students who want to get admission into Government and non-corporate private colleges are yet to get admission.

Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao held a meeting with Deputy Chief Minister K Srihari and other officials of the concerned departments on the issue on Tuesday. He told them to come up with better plan on holding online admissions.

According to sources the Deputy Chief Minister held a meeting with the officials of Board of Intermediate and discussed the online admissions issue on Wednesday. However, the meeting ended without any decision on online admissions.

When The Hans India tried to contact Board of Intermediate secretary Ashok to know the fate of the notification and the admissions of the students, he evaded reply stating that he was busy with the meetings.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories