- Online registration gives no scope for irregularities: Dharmana
- Hyderabad: City turns into fortress for Visarjan, Milad-un-Nabi
- Jagan sets goal for 175 seats
- Agarwal Samaj, Telangana to organise Agra Rath Yatra
- Hyderabad: 128th birth anniversary of Chakali Ilamma celebrated
- Srivari Brahmotsavam concludes with Chakra Snanam
- GHMC commissioner inspects lakes, parks in Rajendranagar
- A lifelong relationship that started with a buffalo
- Spot admissions in polytechnic colleges on Sept 30
- You cannot take away the class and the experience that Ashwin has over the years: Rohit Sharma
Sack Satvahana University Registrar: Congress
Alleging irregularities in Satvahana University, the Congress party on Tuesday demanded sacking of its Registrar M Komal Reddy.
Hyderabad: Alleging irregularities in Satvahana University, the Congress party on Tuesday demanded sacking of its Registrar M Komal Reddy. They also demanded that the Deputy CM Kadiyam Srihari should resign for showing favouritism in appointments made on contract basis and also order CBCID enquiry by State government.
Speaking to media in Gandhi Bhavan, TPCC spokesperson, Mahesh Konagala said that notifications for various positions were not published in national dailies. More over the posts like Additional Controller of Examinations was given to a ‘retired lecturer’. “This is a clear case of misuse of power and direct violation of UGC norms by those at the helm,” he said.
Citing instances like appointment of an ‘Academic Consultant’ in the University, he said that even Assistant Professors who were served notices for under qualification a few months ago, were given clean chit by revoking the same. “I got the proofs of the corrupt practices in the University. If the government does not pay heed to our demands, the information will be made public, he said.