- Delhi HC orders reassessment of value of Salman Rushdie's ancestral house
- Hostages require regular medical care, says Hostages and Missing Families Forum
- Rupee edges up as more foreign funds flow into stocks
- Telangana New CM Revanth Reddy Swearing-In Ceremony Live Updates
- Delhi court grants bail to an accused in 2020 riots case
- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- National Microwave Oven Day 2023: Date, history and significance
- Get ready for Parliament elections...State Chief Election officer Lokesh Kumar
TDP against Rayala Telangana : KE
Telugu Desam party is against the formation of Rayala Telangana, KE Krishna Murthy, TDP politburo member, said here on Monday. Addressing the media at...
Telugu Desam party is against the formation of Rayala Telangana, KE Krishna Murthy, TDP politburo member, said here on Monday. Addressing the media at the TDP office here, the senior TDP leader said that TDP wrote a letter in favour of Telangana to respect the sentiment of Telangana people but the party was against Rayala Telangana.
The Telugu Desam is organising regional conferences to learn the people's problems, he said and ridiculed the Congress and YSR Congress leaders for making rounds to Delhi and Chanchalguda jail respectively. Expressing concern over lack of leadership in the State, he said TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu had taken up the responsibility like the eldest son in the family to learn the problems of the people in the State.
About 13 lakh farmers in the State stopped farming activities during the nine years of Congress rule in the State, he pointed out. He said that it was unprecedented that crop holiday was announced in the State during the Congress rule. "The Congress has levied Rs. 20,000 in the name of various taxes on each individual and through VAT the Government is collecting Rs. 55,000 from every individual," he said.
The growth rate has come down to eleventh place, unemployment has gone up to 11 per cent from nine per cent and the price petrol has gone up 32 times, diesel 24 times and cooking gas price has gone up to Rs. 1000, he said and added these statistics were not prepared by the Telugu Desam party but the recently submitted Socio Economic Survey Report.
Sand mafia, mining mafia and liquor mafia joined hands to become political mafia, he remarked. Expressing concern over the migration of industrialists to other States, he said that they could not pay bribes to the politicians. "The politicians and bureaucrats who cooperated with the former chief minister and his son are now behind bars," he said. The TDP leader asserted that it was only Chandrababu Naidu who could bring back the State on the right track once again.
He appealed to the party cadres to strive united to elect maximum number of TDP sarpanches in the State in the forthcoming elections. District unit president Somisetty Venkateswarlu, Ravi and other district leaders were present.