- PKL 10: Tamil Thalaivas face Dabang Delhi challenge; Gujarat Giants up against Bengaluru Bulls
- Finland showcases climate solutions at COP28
- State must side with the weaker population: CJI DY Chandrachud
- PIL filed against 75% reservation at BJP's behest: Tejashwi Yadav
- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
Modi's standby aircraft: defused grenade found
In a security scare, a defused grenade was found on Friday night in the business class of an Air India jumbo aircraft, which was kept as a standby for Prime Minister Narendra Modi\'s recent US visit.
New Delhi: In a security scare, a defused grenade was found on Friday night in the business class of an Air India jumbo aircraft, which was kept as a standby for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's recent US visit.
The grenade was found by the Air India crew on board the Boeing 747-400, which was operating the Mumbai-Hyderabad-Jeddah flight, airline sources said on Saturday.
On landing at Jeddah, the incident was reported to the local security agencies who took over the aircraft, the sources said.
The aircraft, which has been cleared and released by Jeddah airport security, is still in the city as Indian security personnel were investigating the matter. The plane is likely to return to Calicut soon.
The aircraft had been kept as a standby for the recent US visit of Modi. The Prime Minister had undertaken a five-day visit to the US from September 25.
"A suspicious object was found on board this aircraft. The investigations are on," an Air India Spokesperson told.