Women unhappy with Bathukamma saree in Mancherial
Women from various places staged protests against the cheap quality sarees given to them by the government.
Mancherial: Women from various places staged protests against the cheap quality sarees given to them by the government.
Mandamarri police took four persons into custody for indulging in verbal spat with people’s representatives on the quality of sarees.
Women of Tallapalli village panchayat in Naspuru mandal boycotted the saree distribution programme on Monday.
Women criticised the Chief Minister, K Chandrashekar Rao, for failing to give them the handloom sarees, which he promised. They felt bad to take the Bathukamma saree gifts.
They sought to know if KCR’s family members would celebrate Bathukamma festival wearing these sarees.
- FIR lodged against troll who threatened to rape Anurag Kashyap's daughter
- BJP getting highest vote share in country in HP shows people's overwhelming support for party:CM
- Venezuelan national apprehended at Delhi airport; cocaine seized
- Kamal Nath government may not continue beyond a month: BJP leader
- Jharkhand Congress chief resigns after poll debacle