Mishaps haunt tunnel works
Mishaps continue to haunt the tunnel works of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) with the occurrence of three incidents in three days that left eight dead and six injured.
Dharmaram (Peddapally): Mishaps continue to haunt the tunnel works of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) with the occurrence of three incidents in three days that left eight dead and six injured.
The sequence of mishaps that started with the roof collapse at Anantagiri package-6 tunnel works under Tippapur mandal in Sircilla district on Wednesday in which seven labourers lost their lives one injured continued on Thursday with one more migrant worker’s death in a similar incident at Mallapur village under Dharmaram mandal in Peddapally district on Thursday.
On Friday, it was a providential escape for the five migrant workers when the vehicle in which they were travelling hit a boulder in a tunnel, part of package-6 of KLIP. While one of them suffered a hand fracture, the others escaped with minor injuries. The whereabouts of the injured are not known when reports last came in. it’s reported that the workers are from Odisha.
There is another version of the accident held by some of the locals. The labourers jumped off the moving vehicle when they learnt its breaks were failed. The vehicle was heading to the workplace in the Sayampet-Medaram tunnel to drop the workers, it’s learnt.
- Heartbreaking: Mufti condemns killing of PDP activist in militant attack
- Results of Delhi Lok Sabha poll may get delayed by 5-6 hrs: Chief Election Officer
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked
- PWD official becomes overnight social media sensation
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results