Kodandaram extends support to Cherlagudem project oustees
The Chairman of Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC), Professor Kodandaram, called upon people to protest against the government till it renders justice.
Nalgonda: The Chairman of Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC), Professor Kodandaram, called upon people to protest against the government till it renders justice.
On Friday, the TJAC chief expressed his solidarity to the indefinite protest taken up by the oustees of Cherlagudem project in Marriguda mandal in Nalgonda district.
Speaking on the occasion, he said, according to Land Acquisition Act-2013, officials should take the opinion of oustees and after the consensus, works of the respective project should be initiated.
He took a dig at Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao for his anti-people polices and alleged that it became a common practice to officials, MLAs and MPs to stop the works of projects when they do not get commissions from the respective contractors.
Stating that no official had right to mount pressure on anyone for land acquisition, the TJAC chief called upon the oustees to continue their fight against government for justice.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow