Complete toilet construction works by December: Mahabubabad Collector
District Collector Dr Preethi Meena ordered the officials of departments concerned to complete 50 per cent of construction of individual sanitary latrines (ISLs) by the end of December, as part of Swacch Telangana programme.
Mahabubabad: District Collector Dr Preethi Meena ordered the officials of departments concerned to complete 50 per cent of construction of individual sanitary latrines (ISLs) by the end of December, as part of Swacch Telangana programme.
She chaired a review meeting with the officials of various departments to discuss on the progress of constructions works of ISLs in the district, at the Collectorate conference hall here on Monday.
Speaking at the meeting, the Collector said that only 23 per cent of construction works were completed till date in the district and ordered the officials to take necessary steps for completing the remaining 77 per cent works as early as possible with perfect planning.
Each mandal was allotted Rs 5 lakhs from the Collector funds for constructing toilets and the amount will be allotted from the Mineral funds for the construction of toilets in villages, which is equipped with quarries.
The Special Officers of every mandal must take initiation for completing the construction of toilets taking the cooperation of local people’s representatives along with coordinating with the officials of concerned departments, she advised.
Every Monday a review meeting will be conducted to discuss the progress of toilets’ construction works with the Special Officers of all mandals.
They must submit complete details of construction works, ordered the Collector. Preethi Meena suggested the officials to create awareness among the people about the necessity of toilets’ construction.
She told the staff to warn the public that the welfare schemes will be not applicable if they do not construct toilets and also electricity connection to their houses will be removed.
District Revenue Officer Dr Ram Babu, Special Officers of various mandals, district officials and representatives of Swacch Bharat were present along with others.
- BJP asks Delhi Police to withdraw security for Kejriwal
- BJP candidate, party leader attacked in West Bengal
- Pragya Thakur should be expelled from BJP: Nitish Kumar
- Chandrababu Naidu holds second round of talks with Rahul Gandhi, Sharad Pawar
- There's no difference between a terrorist organisation and TMC: BJP's CK Bose