Special court to try crimes against women sought
White Ribbon Civil Society Forum (WRCSF) demanded the State government establish a special court to deal with cases of harassment and attacks on women.
Hanamkonda: White Ribbon Civil Society Forum (WRCSF) demanded the State government establish a special court to deal with cases of harassment and attacks on women.
The forum members have expressed serious concern over the increasing number of cases of atrocities on woman like acid attacks, dowry harassment, sexual abuse and appealed the citizens to strongly condemn such incidents.
The WRCSF has organised a meeting in Hanamkonda on Monday to discuss the issue of harassment of women and to chalk out programmes to prevent such incidents.
Addressing the gathering, University Law College retired principal Prof Padma stressed on the need to set up a special court to hear the cases related to harassment of women. The forum members V Indira, BA Hepshiba, Radhika, Ravinder Naresh Naik and others were present.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow