Kaleshwaram temple development works begin
The development work proposed for the Kalaeshwara Mukteeshwara Swamy temple will be completed by next Maha Shivaratri, Minister for Endowments A Indrakaran Reddy said here on Friday.
Kaleshwaram (Bhupalpally): The development work proposed for the Kalaeshwara Mukteeshwara Swamy temple will be completed by next Maha Shivaratri, Minister for Endowments A Indrakaran Reddy said here on Friday.
He along with Finance Minister Eatala Rajender and Manthani MLA Putta Madhu laid foundation stone for the development works being taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 25 crore.
Speaking to media persons, he said that despite its prominence the successive governments in combined Andhra Pradesh have ignored the development of the temple. “To set things right, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao sanctioned Rs 25 crore for temple development,” Reddy said.
The temple has a vast potential to attract tourists besides devotees, he added, pointing to the CM’s focus on developing the temple tourism.Referring to the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP), the Minister hailed it as a huge boon for farmers in several districts. District Collector D Amay Kumar and Temple Executive Officer Srinivas were among others present.
- After election drubbing, JD(S) asks members to not engage with media
- Palaniswami must tender his resignation: DMK leader Dayanidhi Maran
- Saradha scam: CBI issues look out notice against Rajeev Kumar
- Will leave AAP in 2020: MLA Alka Lamba
- Dhinakaran asks clarification from EC regarding non-registration of votes