ACB catches Senior Assistant red-handed
A senior assistant at Bhupalpally revenue divisional office was caught red-handed by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), while accepting bribe from a farmer on Wednesday.
Bhupalpally: A senior assistant at Bhupalpally revenue divisional office was caught red-handed by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), while accepting bribe from a farmer on Wednesday.
According to ACB DSP Kiran Kumar, the accused, Pindi Srinivas, demanded an amount Rs 50,000 for processing a file related to a land dispute. It was said that the complainant P Raghunatha Chary owns four acres of land on the outskirts of Bhupalpally under survey numbers 320 and 321.
But, some persons have encroached the land by creating false documents. Following which the farmer approached concerned revenue divisional officer and the Joint Collector. After verification of the farmers’ passbook and other documents, the RDO issued status quo orders in his favour.
But Srinivas has been troubling the farmer demanding bribe to clear the file. Then the farmer approached the ACB officials, who laid a trap and caught him red-handed while receiving the amount.The accused employee would be produced before the ACB court in Hyderabad, Kiran Kumar added.
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors