- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
- SC summons Jharkhand Chief Secretary to be present before it on Oct 9
Kamal Haasan casts his vote in Tamil Nadu local body polls
Actor and politician Kamal Haasan on Saturday cast his vote in the Tamil Nadu Urban local body elections that are being held in the state after a period of 10 years.
Chennai: Actor and politician Kamal Haasan on Saturday cast his vote in the Tamil Nadu Urban local body elections that are being held in the state after a period of 10 years.
The actor, whose party Makkal Needhi Maiam, is contesting the elections, cast his vote at a polling booth in Teynampet in Chennai.
Several other film stars from the Tamil film industry too cast their votes.
Actress Aishwarya Rajesh cast her vote in the Government Higher Secondary school in T Nagar, while actor Arun Vijay cast his vote at the Christian Higher Secondary School in Ekkaduthangal.
Actor Mansoor Ali Khan cast his vote at the Thiruvadi Primary school in Arumbakkam.
Earlier in the day, actor Vijay cast his vote at a polling booth in Neelangarai in Chennai.
Unlike the last time, when he made a statement through his action of riding a bicycle to the polling booth, Vijay drove down in a small car to avoid drawing attention.
However, despite his best efforts, he was spotted and a huge crowd followed the actor.
Despite fan frenzy, the actor made his way into the polling booth to cast his vote and even tendered an apology to both the public and the authorities for any inconvenience he may have inadvertently caused.