Hyderabad: Fire breaks out at cancer hospital in Nampally
A major fire broke out in the blood bank at a cancer hospital in Nampally on Wednesday morning. No casualties have been reported.
The hospital staff alerted the fire brigade and the police who rushed to the place. Two fire teams have struggled for an hour to bring the control of the fire. The fire is said to have erupted due to the short circuit.
Staff and patients breathed a sigh of relief after the firefighters put out the fire. The police registered a case and launched an investigation. The loss of property is yet to be ascertained.
On June 23, a fire engulfed a furniture shop in Nampally. Later, it spread to another furniture godown. Four fire teams rushed to the spot and doused the fire that erupted in the two furniture shops on Nampally station road. No casualties have been reported during the incident.