- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Hyderabad: Mayor Bonthu Rammohan, MLA Arekapudi Gandhi take stock of link road works
Say completion of 37 link roads will greatly cut back traffic load on main roads
EASING TRAFFIC WOES:
• Package A1 – 10 missing link roads of length 11.6 km. Cost: Rs 79.87 crore
• Package A2 – 8 missing link roads of 10.84 km length. Cost: Rs 76 crore
• Package B1 – 8 missing link roads of 9.55 km length. Cost Rs 91.02 crore
• Package B2 – 11 missing link roads for 12.64 km. Cost: Rs 66.46 crore.
Hyderabad: City Mayor Bonthu Rammohan along with Serilingampally MLA and Government Whip Arekapudi Gandhi inspected Serilingampally-Chandanagar missing link road work on Friday.
He directed officials concerned to complete the four-lane road by July end. The length of the road is 1.75km while the width 150ft.
"Officials of Railway and Hyderabad Road Development Corporation Limited (HRDCL) have performed survey for laying of four-lane railway under bridge (RUB) in connection with this missing link road. As per the directions of Municipal Administration and Urban Development (MAUD) Minister K T Ramarao, road widening works have been taken up at various places in the city.
In order to reduce the intensity of traffic on main roads, the government has sanctioned Rs 313.65 crore towards developing 37 link roads covering 44.63 km across Hyderabad in four packages," he added.
A total of 10 works at a length of 11.6km costing Rs79,87cr are being executed under package A1. 10.84km long 8 missing roads will be laid at a cost of 76.30cr under package A2.
Under packageB1, 8 missing link roads costing Rs91.02cr will be laid at a length of 9.55 km. under packageB2, 11 missing link roads costing Rs 66.46cr will be laid at a length of 12.64km.
Earlier, the Mayor and the whip planted saplings at Serilingampally Zonal Office as part of Haritha Haram Programme.
Corporator Ragam Nagender Yadav, Zonal Commissioner N Ravi Kiran, HRDCL Chief Engineer Dr C Vasantha, EE Sattar Singh, City Planner AK Reddy, DE Vikram and others were present.