- Weekly Market Review 24-09-2023
- Citizens are provided with the best medical services in the country
- ‘PeddhaKapu’ actor Virat shares about his ground work to get into the character
- PM Modi launches 9 Vande Bharat trains, says stations to be developed in next 25 yrs to be called Amrit Bharat stations
- Madam Sarpanch: Panchayats change profile of women in Maha politics
- Gujarat: Man. nephew drown during Ganesh idol immersion
- From Aishwarya Rai to Manushi Chillar; have A look at India’s former Miss World’s
- Oppn thinking about election in a fundamentally different way: Rahul
- Amid strained ties with TN BJP unit, EPS to hold key party meet
- 31 injured as passenger train hits cargo train in Pakistan's Punjab
Suryapet: CM K Chandrasekhar Rao policies expanded cultivation area says G Jagadish Reddy
Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy on lauded the measures taken by the government for the growth of agriculture sector in the State.
Suryapet : Energy Minister G Jagadish Reddy on lauded the measures taken by the government for the growth of agriculture sector in the State.
Jagadish took part in Farmers Day celebration held as part of decennial celebration of Telangana Formation held at Gundlapally village in Suryapet constituency on Saturday.
The Minister shed light on the remarkable progress made in irrigation facilities for agricultural in the district over the past decade.
Since 2014, the district witnessed a commendable expansion in irrigation area expanding from 2.05 lakh acres to an impressive 5.82 lakh acres, he said.
One of the significant achievements highlighted by Reddy was the successful supply of Godavari water through the SRSP canal, which now caters to the irrigation needs of over two lakh acres. This substantial improvement in irrigation infrastructure has played a pivotal role in boosting agricultural output, particularly in paddy production. The numbers speak for themselves, as paddy production has surged from 4.23 lakh metric tonnes to an astounding 12.27 lakh metric tonnes, marking a remarkable three-fold increase.
The State government’s commitment to welfare of farmers is evident through the implementation of innovative initiatives. Notably, the launch of the Rythu Bandhu scheme, a pioneering endeavor in the country, has provided investment support to farmers based on the extent of their land. This visionary initiative aims to empower farmers and enhance agricultural productivity.
Furthermore, the government has also implemented the Rythu Bima scheme, offering financial assistance to families of 3,314 farmers who lost their lives since 2014. With an allocation of Rs 165.75 crore, this scheme emphasises the government’s commitment to the well-being of farming communities.
The achievements of the State government extend beyond the agricultural sector. The commendable progress in the electricity domain has garnered nationwide admiration. With a steadfast focus on providing uninterrupted power supply round the clock, various sectors, including agriculture, have benefitted immensely. This achievement underscores the government’s dedication to ensuring a reliable power infrastructure, contributing to overall development of the State.