Directed by N. Lingusamy
Produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur, N. Subash Chandrabose
Written by N. Lingusamy, Brinda Sarathy,
Starring Suriya, Samantha, Vidyut Jamwal
Music by Yuvan Shankar Raja
Cinematography Santosh Sivan
Edited by Anthony
Production company Thirrupathi Brothers, UTV Motion Pictures
Plot: The film is set in Mumbai and has Suriya essaying dual roles, including that of a gangster, Raju Bhai. He works along with Vidyut and one day, finds himself locking horns with Manoj Bajpai. Directed by Lingusamu, the film also has Samantha playing Suriya's love interest and Chitrangda Singh in a special song.
- This is Cinematographer Santosh Sivan's first collaboration with director Lingusamy
- Watch out for two item songs one featuring Maryam Zakaria, Suriya and Vidyut Jamwal and another with Manoj Bajpayee and Chitrangda Singh
- Suriya sports two looks in the movie
- Parts of the movie have been shot in Mumbai, Panchgani and Chennai
- Suriya suffered a minor ligament tear in his knee during a stunt sequence after a stuntman weighting 120kilos fell from a height on his leg.
- The makers also made some brisk pre-release business. Sun TV bought the television rights of the movie for a whopping Rs 16 crores
- Sridhar Lagadapati bought Anjaan's Telugu dubbing rights and distributed the film in Andhra and Telangana under his Larsco Entertainment banner.
- According to latest reports all the tickets for the original (Tamil film Anjaan) were sold out soon as advanced booking was thrown open which itself is a record in Tamil cinema
- The Tamil film will hit 37 screens in Chennai and 1400 worldwide (including the Telugu version)
- Sikandar is the first Indian film to have a 100% digital release
- In a joint venture between Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Gameshastra, a game based on the movie titled Anjaan Race Wars was developed by Vroovy. The same company had created Kochadaiiyaan games too.
- In a landmark move, the copyright of the movie is protected through digital cinema projection across the world.
Check out the Twitter review of the original Tamil movie Anjaan: Clik Here