AP Budget 2017: Highlights
THE HANS INDIA |
Mar 15,2017 , 12:58 PM IST
Andhra Pradesh Finance Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu on Wednesday presented the Budget for 2017-18 in the Assembly.
Highlights of the AP budget:
- Skill Development scheme: Rs 398 crores.
- Agriculture budget to increase by 7.73 percent.
- Funds allocated for Andhra Pradesh pollution control board: Rs 4,183 crore.
- Distribution of Solar pump sets to farmers at subsidised prices.
- Forest department - funds allocated: Rs 383 crore.
- IT and Electronice: Rs 382 crore.
- Ambedkar memorial Park in capital Amaravati - funds allocated: Rs 92 crore.
- Christians who are willing to visit Jerusalem: Rs 40,000.
- Pensions: Rs 4376 crore.
- Free LPG connection for poor: Rs 350 crore.
- Women Empowerment: Rs 400 crore.
- Unemployment Honararium: Rs 500 crore.
- Brahmin Welfare: Rs 97 crore.
- Education sector: Rs 20,384 crore.
- Welfare of disabled: Rs 89 crore.
- NTR Vaidya Seva: Rs 1,000 crore.
- Anna canteens: Rs 100 crore.
- Development of Village Roads: Rs 260 crore.
- Safe drinking water project NTR Sujala Sravanthi: Rs 100 crore.
- Agriculture loan waiver Rs 3600 crore, SHG loan investment: Rs 1,600 crore
- Smart cities: Rs 450 crore, other smart cities: Rs 150 crore.
- Agriculture sector: Rs 8790 crore.
- Small and medium scale industries: Rs 125 crore.
- ST component fund: Rs 3,528 crore.
- Women finance corporation: Rs 400 crore.
- Power subsidy for poor increased from 50 to 75 units.
- Revenue deficit - Rs 1,25,911 crore, the highest for any state.
- Capital region development authority: Rs 1,061 crore; SAAP: Rs 195 crores.
- Unemployment allowance gets Rs 500 crore.
- Ambedkar Smritivanam in Amaravati gets Rs 97 crore.
Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / IOS download it for your device.