Vizianagaram: Two people die of electrocution

Vizianagaram: Two people die of electrocution

THE HANS INDIA |   Aug 13,2017 , 03:26 PM IST

Representational Image
Representational Image
Representational Image

Two people, including a woman succumbed to death after coming in contact with a live wire at Bhogapuram mandal in Vizianagaram on Saturday night.

53-year-old woman Paidamma accidentally came into contact with live wire at Chakivalasa village of Bhogapuram mandal. Her son-in-law Narayana Rao, who went in search for her also failed to notice the wire and stepped on it.

Both died immediately due to the electric shock. Due to the heavy rains that have been pouring down in the state, the electric wire had fallen in the field. According to the police, the strong gales might have resulted in snapping of the electric wires in the village. Police have registered a case of accidental death and are investigating.

Next Article

Train on fire, but no panic: it's India's first disaster village