Hyderabad: The city police on Tuesday arrested the owner of the paints godown, which was recently gutted at Gunda Galli of Ranigunj, for setting up a warehouse in the residential locality without any legal sanction. The authorities declared that the fire accident was due to electric short-circuit.
Owner held for storing flammable substances sans permission
Despite storing highly inflammable material, he did not take any precautionary measures. On Friday evening, a major fire broke out in the paints godown endangering public lives and private property. Speaking at a press conference, the ADCP said, “The fire department has controlled the fire after fighting for 36 hours.
As many as 14 fire tenders have been rushed in, and also the fire engines were refilled for several times. The departments including electricity, fire services, GHMC worked in tandem to control the situation. The locals also extended their help in controlling the crowd and evicting the residents in adjacent buildings.”
He appealed the traders not to house highly inflammable or explosive nature material at the residential localities as it poses threat to lives. He also requested the public to inform police if any traders illegally stored such highly-inflammable materials.