Don't let rain ruin diet, fitness plans
THE HANS INDIA |
Aug 29,2017 , 12:18 AM IST
- Yoga is the best option for anyone who is a victim of the monsoon gloom. It is refreshing and is great to resolve several health issues that you face during the monsoons. One of the most common complaints in this season is the respiratory issue. There are several yoga postures that can relieve them. In addition to that, yoga helps you build flexibility and strength.
- Not able to go to the gym shouldn't stop you from working out. Look for simple equipment that you can use to make the home workout equally challenging. For instance, you can get a skipping rope or even get a resistance band. Make sure that you are dressed the same way you would be dressed when you go to the gym. That will keep you in the rhythm and will also make you feel motivated.
- We tend to drink less water during monsoon as we are not really thirsty but your body needs water. Drink lots of water and make sure that you are drinking purified water. This will lower the risk of waterborne diseases like stomach infection and diarrhoea.
- Include immune-enhancing items in your diet such as turmeric milk, mint tea, ginger ale, garlic, coriander etc as our bodies are prone to infections during monsoon.
- Avoid eating street food during the rain. Most of us are tempted to eat gol gappa, vada or chaat from local street vendors. But you need to curb your cravings as during monsoon, the chances of these foods being contaminated are high.
- Do not enter an air-conditioned room with wet hair and damp clothes due to rain as this can lead to a viral fever or cold and cough, especially in this season.
- Avoid eating leafy vegetables such as spinach, cauliflower as there is higher chance of infection through them.