To simplify the process, Indian Railways recently announced a partnership with online travel website Make My Trip. The tie-up brings information such as PNR status, live train status and more right on passenger's smartphones. Here’s how it works:
How to check PNR status using WhatsApp
- You must be running the latest version of WhatsApp
- Working internet connection
- Keep your train number and PNR number handy
- Open ‘Dialer’ app on your smartphone
- Type ‘7349389104’ (official MakeMyTrip WhatsApp) number and add it to your contacts
- After saving the number, open WhatsApp on your phone and refresh the contacts list
- Search the contact and tap on it to open the chat window
- Send your train number to check the live train status and to check the PNR status enter your PNR number
- After this, MakeMyTrip will send you the real-time train status or booking status of your PNR
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the ‘New message’ icon from the bottom-right corner
- Now, tap on three-horizontal dots and tap on ‘Refresh’ option
- MakeMyTrip won’t respond until you see the ‘Blue’ tick mark on your sent WhatsApp message.
- Response time can also depend upon the number of enquiries or on server load.