Hyderabad: The Ameerpet Inter-change Metro Station has become the largest metro station in the country with a sprawling premises over two lakh square feet. The station is equipped with many special features being constructed by Larson & Toubro Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited (LTMRHL).
Ameerpet Interchange Metro Station, largest in country
Shivanand Nimbargi, MD & CEO, LTMRHL and M P Naidu, Project Director, LTMRHL, visited the station on Monday and inspected the works in progress. All the facilities at the station are seamlessly integrated in a passenger-friendly manner and passengers can transit from one corridor to another in a smooth way.
Highlights of the Ameerpet Metro Station:
- It is conceptualised, designed and executed by the in-house team of Larsen &Toubro.
- The The station measures 142 metres in length and 40 metres in width. This will have retail outlets, entertainment zones and convenience outlets.
- The Concourse unpaid level will be used by pedestrians to cross over from one lane to another allowing uninterrupted traffic movement.
- Entry into this level will not require a ticket. Convenience stores, ATM machines, offices for the technical staff and other amenities are provided at this level.
- Platform level of corridor-I will be at 30 metres in height and the roof level is 36 metres.
- The roof is designed with tetrahedron supported steel columns which are placed on the edge for unobstructed view and improved aesthetics.
- The metro station is provisioned with entry and exits points from all four sides for the commuters to enter and leave the station.