- Green's ton vindicates selectors' decision to stick him in at no. 4: Hockley
- Foundation stone of Sindri fertiliser plant was laid in 2018, PM Modi inaugurated today
- Appeal to all not to create cult of violence: Kerala Guv after meeting dead student's family
- ED discussing with CBI, NIA ways to get Shahjahan in central agency custody: Sources
- Savouring Goodness: SpiceJet's in-flight hot-spicy-healthy cuisine with a noble cause
- Blast in Bengaluru cafe, five injured
- Death toll in Bangladesh building fire rises to 45
- Hyderabad VIPs Named in Drug Case: Are Director & Actor on the Run?
- NC, PDP & Congress firming up for pre-poll alliance in J&K
- YS Jagan releases Jagananna Vidya Deevena funds
Address water problem, CPI urges Collector
CPI district unit has urged the government to initiate measures to solve water problem both in plain and agency areas of the district.
Visakhapatnam: CPI district unit has urged the government to initiate measures to solve water problem both in plain and agency areas of the district. On Thursday, the party district unit secretary M. Pydiraju said people in the district were facing acute drinking water shortage as many borewells have gone defunct.
Residents in the areas like Arilova, KRM Colony, Madhurawada and Allipuram in the city were getting drinking water weekly twice or thrice only.Keeping in view the seriousness of the situation, the authorities concerned should take steps on a war footing to address the issue, he said.