- KCR announces candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- CM to dedicate Veligonda project to nation tomorrow
- JSP coordinators told to work for victory of TDP-JSP alliance
- Need to increase agri export stressed
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 5 March, 2024
- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 05 March, 2024
- TDP-Jana Sena to hold BC Jayaho today, to announce BC declaration
- Hyderabad: Man murders wife over suspected affair
- GHMC receives 187 ‘Prajavani’ applications
Call to end child labour
Fr Yeleti William Jaya Raju of Gunadala Mary Shrine said that child marriages, child labour and child begging are hindrance to the development of the nation.
Vijayawada: Fr Yeleti William Jaya Raju of Gunadala Mary Shrine said that child marriages, child labour and child begging are hindrance to the development of the nation. As part of week-long World Day Against Child Labour (from June 12 to 18) celebrations at Gunadala Mary Shrine Temple here, on Sunday Forum for Child Rights and Childline 1098 organised an awareness programme.
Speaking on the occasion, Fr Jayaraju said that the future of children depends on their education and the parents should not neglect their children's education. Fr Ratna Kumar said that with child education, literacy rate will improve. He appreciated the organisers for conducting the programme at Gunadala Temple.
Members and representatives of Forum for Child Rights, Child Line 1098, Government and Non- Government organisations, Labour department, NCLP, VMC, Police, WCD, CWC, DCPU, DLSA, Railways, RPF and GRP, Education department and others participated to sensitise the general public, government and allied departments and civic society members on the rights of children on the occasion.