- Collaboration should be our future 'mantra': Kochi-Muziris Biennale co-founder Bose Krishnamachari
- Banks propel markets to new highs
- Ireland beat Afghanistan by six wickets to secure maiden Test victory
- VBA can win 6 Maha LS seats solo, fight on all 48 if need be, claims Prakash Ambedkar
- Student slap case: Children provided counselling facilities, UP govt tells SC
- Google to Pull These 10 Apps from Play Store Over Non-Compliance
- Bengaluru cafe blast was due to IED, Siddaramaiah says
- Formula 1 chief and FIA president to meet over allegations against Christian Horner
- 'PM - Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana' promises to save Rs 15,000 per household
- My resolve is to prevent Trinamool from looting public money in Bengal: PM Modi
Summer Carnival inaugurated
The fourth edition of Summer Carnival was inaugurated at Trendset Mall here on Saturday.
Vijayawada: The fourth edition of Summer Carnival was inaugurated at Trendset Mall here on Saturday. The carnival began with traditional Kuchupudi and folk dances performed by children. The month-long summer carnival was organised by Padmaja Suzuki and Getz B School jointly.
Speaking on the occasion, marketing manager Satish said the first week of the fest will witness traditional dances, snake and ladder game, spot games and dialogue competition. For the second week, cookery competition, quiz competition and games will be organised. From May 1 till the month-end Jumba dance, calligraphy, handicraft workshops and other events will be organised, said the mall manager.
To register the names one can walk into the office at 3rd floor of this mall. A poster of the carnival was released on the occasion. Event organiser Mahesh said that the carnival would be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday every week till May end and appealed everyone to come participate. Master Sarma and troop performed Kuchupudi dance besides folk dances at the inaugural function.