- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Vizianagaram gets two berths in Cabinet
Botcha Satyanarayana previously worked as minister for industries, marketing and transport minister in Congress regime between 2004-14 and even he was the member of Lok Sabha twice from Bobbili constituency.
Vizianagaram: Senior leader Botcha Satyanarayana was allotted Municipal Administration and Urban Development (MAUD) and P Pushpa Srivani got Minister for Tribal Welfare besides the status of Deputy Chief Minister in the portfolio allotments made by Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy at Amaravati on Saturday.
Botcha Satyanarayana previously worked as minister for industries, marketing and transport minister in Congress regime between 2004-14 and even he was the member of Lok Sabha twice from Bobbili constituency. He has stronghold in Kapu community also. Considering his seniority, Jagan took him into his Cabinet as minister.
P Pushpa Srivani has unexpectedly got the opportunity as Deputy Chief minister with the portfolio of Minister for Tribal Welfare. She is second time MLA from Kurupam (ST) constituency. P Rajanna Dora of Salur is also in the minister race but at the end of the day, she has pushed him back and became minister.
During Congress ruling also Botcha Satyanarayana and S Vijayaramaraju were in cabinet. During TDP ruling P Ashok Gajapathi Raju was Union minister and RV Sujay Krishna Ranga Rao was in state cabinet.