Two city students excel at international tourney
Two students from city won gold medals in different categories in the international table-soccer tournament which was held in Nepal from April 12 to14.
Saidabad: Two students from city won gold medals in different categories in the international table-soccer tournament which was held in Nepal from April 12 to14.
Zakir Ali Khan from Integral Foundation School, Tolichowki, won in singles as well as in mixed doubles in U-16 category. Maria Tameem of Telangana Minority Residential School (Saidabad-Girls) won gold medal in open mix doubles category in senior group. The event was organised by Nepal Table Soccer under the aegis of International Table Soccer Federation, which was held for the first time in Nepal.
Speaking to The Hans India, Syed Abrar Hussain Imtiyaz who coached the students said that there were 25 participants from Indian and same number from Nepal. These students were selected in Mumbai to represent India and the State. "I hope to see my students attend the next major event, the U S A World Championships to be held in August this year," he added.
- Priyanka's own decision not to contest from Varanasi: Sam Pitroda
- Sensex soars 336 points to close above 39,000-mark; Tata Steel rallies 7%
- Rohit Shekhar murder: Delhi court sends his wife Apoorva to 14-day judicial custody
- Asaram's son Narayan Sai too convicted of rape
- Choose Jai Bhim followers over those chanting NaMo this election: Mayawati