- KTR dares Revanth and Raghunandan to submit evidence over allegations on ORR tendering
- Telangana govt. sanctions Rs. 15 crore for Bonalu, Talasani asks temples to submit applications
- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
- ‘Bhola Shankar’ first single date locked; promo on 2nd June
- YS Jagan flays Chandrababu in Kurnool, takes jibe at TDP's manifesto
Woman trafficked to Oman rescued
A city woman, who was lured with a beautician job in Dubai was tricked and trafficked to Oman. Facing an ordeal as ‘bonded labour’ (Khadima) in Muscat, she was rescued by the Indian authorities, after MBT leader, Amjedullah Khan took up her case.
Chanchalguda: A city woman, who was lured with a beautician job in Dubai was tricked and trafficked to Oman. Facing an ordeal as 'bonded labour' (Khadima) in Muscat, she was rescued by the Indian authorities, after MBT leader, Amjedullah Khan took up her case.
A resident of Edi Bazar, Zareena Begum, who was facing financial problems, was lured by one lady agent Ahmedi Begum to work as a beautician in Dubai and was sent on a visit visa on October 19. She was received by local agent and taken to their flat and was asked to stay in a room.
During a night, one of the male members tried to molest her and beat her. This continued for more than a week and to save herself from them, she agreed to travel to Oman. She was trafficked to Muscat, the capital of Oman, on October 22 and sold to another agent.
After reaching Muscat she was asked to work in a big house of an Arab in Sur (near Muscat). After working in that house, she fell ill and narrated her entire story and showed torture marks on her body to a lady in that house, who in turn formed her husband who happened to be a policeman in Muscat. She got in touch with her family in Hyderabad and told them her ordeal and asked them to rescue her.
Back in Hyderabad, her sister Samina Siddiqui approached Amjedullah Khan (spokesman) MBT and requested him to rescue her sister from Muscat, Oman. Khan took up the matter with Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Union Minister for External Affairs and Indian Embassy in Muscat. Khan also asked Samina Siddiqui to approach Santoshnagar police for help and gave a written complaint against the lady travel agent Ahmedi.
Sub-Inspector S Naresh took up the investigation and called Ahmadi to the Police Station and warned her and gave one-week time to bring back Zareena Begum from Muscat or face consequences. "After persuasion by Ministry for External Affairs, Indian Embassy in Muscat and instant action and pressure by Santoshnagar police, Samina Siddiqui was rescued and she reached Hyderabad safely," informed Amjedullah.