- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Tirupati: Rs 25K reward for those giving info on sex determination centres
A meeting chaired by RDO V Kanaka Narasa Reddy planned to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act (PC PNDT Act) effectively by having a strict vigil on the scanning centres.
Tirupati: A meeting chaired by RDO V Kanaka Narasa Reddy planned to implement the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act (PC PNDT Act) effectively by having a strict vigil on the scanning centres.
The RDO held the division level meeting on PC PNDT Act in Tirupati on Monday. He asked the officials to take stringent action on those violating the Act and involves in sex determination tests.
Also, their names will be recommended to the Medical Council for legal actions. The RDO announced Rs 25,000 cash rewards for those providing information on the scanning centres involved in sex determination.
If the culprits proved guilty and punished by the court, another Rs 1 lakh will be given to them for the tip-off.
More focus will be laid by police and medical teams on the mandals which have less sex ratio to prevent feticides.
PC PNDT programme Officer Babu Nehru Reddy, Monitoring consultant advocate Indrani, District Immunisation Officer Dr C Hanumantha Rao, Additional Public Prosecutors Narayana, Adinarayana, police officials and others took part in the meeting.