- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
- LAccMI bus service covers all 30 dists
- President on 4-day visit to Odisha from Feb 28
Centre, State urged to set up Tribal University
Andhra Pradesh Girijan Joint Action Committee (JAC) here on Sunday demanded the both Centre and State governments should establish the Tribal (Girijan) University without any further delay.
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Girijan Joint Action Committee (JAC) here on Sunday demanded the both Centre and State governments should establish the Tribal (Girijan) University without any further delay.
Pointing out the delay in setting up of the university, the JAC said that as per the assurances given and listed in the AP Reorganisation Act-2014, the Girijan University should be set up immediately. All India Girijan Employees Association meeting was held in the city on Sunday.
Large number of leaders from various associations attended the meeting. During the meeting, the JAC demanded the government not to accord the ST status to Boya Valmikis. They also demanded that the government should resolve all the issues pertaining to the oustees of the Polavaram Project.
Addressing the meeting, the leaders including O Ramalingam and others said that except the Girijan University, almost all the educational institutions have been started in alternative accommodations in the State.
However, on the pretext of buildings being not available, the Girijan University was not started so far. “It is insulting the entire tribals,” the leaders expressed their anger.
After the meeting, the JAC announced that if the government failed to respond to their demand, a massive agitation would be launched across the state and also at Delhi.