- AWG downgrades India again as lessors fail to get back planes from Go First
- Ayodhya: 50 foreign dignitaries invited, entry through barcode passes only
- Shri Ram Anubhav Kendra to come up in Ayodhya
- Calcutta High Court orders interim stay on probe against BJP legislators in National Anthem insult case
- Dunzo fails to pay Nov salaries to its present employees: Report
- Indonesia's Ibu volcano erupts, ash up to 1,200m
- 'Why was treatment denied to 14-yr-old cancer patient?' Delhi Minister to Chief Secy
- Three students missing in Tirumala found in Kamareddy
- 11 Ministers on the way Telangana Assembly
- Bhatti Vikramarka reacts on Chief Minister post
Vajpayee developed highways: MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao
Narasaraopet MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao expressed shock over death of former prime minister AB Vajpayee
Guntur: Narasaraopet MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao expressed shock over death of former prime minister AB Vajpayee.
In a statement, he reminded that as a prime minister, Vajpayee developed the country and gave top priority for the development of national highways.
He said that the latter was elected to Lok Sabha 10 times and elected to Rajya Sabha twice and remembered because of his efforts in getting more foreign investment and successfully implementing reforms.
Meanwhile, Vignan University students paid tributes Vajpayee at a programme held on the university premises at Vadlamudi in Guntur district.
Speaking on this occasion, Vignan Group chairman Dr Lavu Rathaiah reminded efforts made by the Vajpayee for the development of the country. He remembered that Vajpayee followed moral values in the politics.
He urged the students draw inspiration from him. He said that he never cared pressures while discharging duties and added the latter give top priority for the development of the national highways in the country.
Vignan Group Vice-Chancellor MYS Prasad urged the youth draw inspiration from Vajpayee. Later, they observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed soul.