- Group-1 prelims on June 9
- TDP opts for Vasantha Krishna Prasad in Mylavaram
- CM berates TDP chief for failing to complete canal
- AP CID accuses Naidu, kin of ‘intimidating’ officials
- Devineni Uma likely to be fielded in Penamaluru
- Krishank alleges Centre failed to fulfil promises
- YSRCP Penamaluru MLA Parthasarathy joins TDP
- Shun ‘corrupt’ Cong, BRS; back Modi: Kishan, Laxman to voters
- CM, YSRCP leaders looting people, lambasts Naidu
- Nara Bhuvaneshwari to visit Parvathipuram today as part of Nijam Gelavali
Aurobindo gets FDA nod for Isosulfan injection
City-based Aurobindo Pharma has secured final approval from the US health regulator to manufacture and market generic Isosulfan Blue injection in the American market.
Hyderabad: City-based Aurobindo Pharma has secured final approval from the US health regulator to manufacture and market generic Isosulfan Blue injection in the American market.
The company has received final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Isosulfan Blue injection 1 per cent (50 mg/5 mL) single-dose vials, the drug major said in a release. The product is expected to be launched in the fourth quarter of the current fiscal, it added.
The company's product is generic version of Covidien's LymphazurinTM injection 1 per cent.The approved product has an estimated market size of $57 million for the twelve months ending December 2015, according to IMS.
Isosulfan Blue injection is used in a lymphography (medical imaging) procedure. Aurobindo Pharma has a total of 237 abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) approvals (205 final approvals including 10 from Aurolife Pharma LLC and 32 tentative approvals) from the USFDA, the company said.